Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about everything & anything here

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I really really want my dress

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2007-05-03

I really really want my dress Empty
PostSubject: I really really want my dress   I really really want my dress Icon_minitime15th June 2007, 15:02

GERI HALLIWELL is desperate to get her iconic Union Flag dress back to wear for the SPICE GIRLS reunion.

The image of Ginger Spice spilling out of her skimpy outfit at the 1997 Brit Awards has gone down in pop history.

After quitting the group Geri sold it for a whopping £41,000 to the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas in aid of charity.

But now she’s asked reunion mastermind SIMON FULLER to get it back so she can wear it for the comeback shows — whatever the cost.

A source said: “Geri has told the reunion team she wants to wear the dress on stage again. It can’t be a copy, it has to be the real thing. It could cost a bob or two to get back but she wants them to pay whatever it takes.

“Borrowing it isn’t really an option as it may need some altering. Geri is a bit less curvy than she was in 1997.

“The girls want their new shows to feel current, to reflect how they’ve all moved on since the band split.

Strong arm of the paw ...Geri and personal
trainer walk pooch

“But these shows will be on a massive scale, with lots of costume changes. Geri’s dress would fit nicely with a section where they all return to their original look.

“Imagine MEL B in leopardskin, MEL C in a tracksuit, EMMA BUNTON in cute baby pink and VICTORIA BECKHAM in a little black dress. It would be the highlight of the show.”

The Union Flag dress summed up the band’s ballsy yet sexy style.

It was knocked together out of a flag and an old frock by Geri’s half-sister Karen Davis.

Geri sold it at a Sotheby’s auction in aid of a kids’ cancer charity in 1998. It was bought by Hard Rock founder Peter Morton, who put it on display at his Vegas hotel.

It was the most expensive of 88 items donated by Geri.

Judging from my photo on the right of Geri with her man-mountain personal trainer in North London yesterday, the singer will indeed need it taken in.

An announcement about the Spice Girls reunion is expected within days.

Fuller is finalising deals across the globe to make it one of the biggest comebacks ever. It won’t leave Geri much time to regain her 1997 curves.

If you Wannabe a hit, Geri, I reckon you’d better get some chicken fillets.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007270715,00.html
Back to top Go down
https://thewiz.variousforum.com
mb168

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-05-10

I really really want my dress Empty
PostSubject: Re: I really really want my dress   I really really want my dress Icon_minitime19th June 2007, 20:43

i hope she gets it back
Back to top Go down

I really really want my dress
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New site http://thewizforum.variousforum.net :: All of the topics-
Jump to: