Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about everything & anything here

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lily vs Kate: who wins the war?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Wiz
The Wiz

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Lily vs Kate: who wins the war? Empty
PostSubject: Lily vs Kate: who wins the war?   Lily vs Kate: who wins the war? Icon_minitime4th May 2007, 19:28

KATE MOSS for Topshop already seems like last week's news as we gear up for the launch of Lilly Allen's range for New Look.

But who's gonna win the style war? Are you just crazy about Kate or weak with longing for a first sight of Lily’s styles?

Click on the slideshows below to judge and then vote for your favourite range on our e-poll.

No name steals more headlines than Kate Moss. The chance to look like one of the world's top style icons has seen women flocking to Topshop since Monday.

Boring, badly made and barely a bargain in sight was the critic's opinion but for most of us, it was a chance to own a piece of fashion history we could tell our kids about.

So much so that items like a pretty floral sundress were going for triple their original price on eBay.

But now we're over it. Style never stands still and our beady eyes have spotted that Lily Allen's range launches in New Look next Wednesday.

So will the Lily Loves collection fare as well with the punters?

Bosses at the chain certainly hope so. "Lily is young, very talented, gorgeous, opinionated and feisty, and we think a lot of our customers will identify with that," said Sarah Walter, head of fashion communication.

The quirky mix of six summer dresses, bright peep-toe heels and pumps are a colourful reflection of Lily’s own signature look.

She said recently of the range: "All my dresses are super-girly but that doesn't mean you have to be a size zero. They’re easy to wear. In fact, the more curves the better!"

The cheeky Londoner took a swipe at Kate’s range too: “I've seen a couple of pieces - they look cool. Would I wear them? Me, personally? I don't think I'd fit in them."

Fans of her street-smart style will no doubt agree. Lily Loves was inspired by the singer’s own wardrobe of 300 dresses and promises feminine flounces with an urban edge.

As Sun fashion writer Chloe Wood explains: “The feisty popster's forgiving summer frocks and structured prom dresses will suit both slim and fuller figures alike.

“Plus she hasn't gone overboard on the publicity, so we're not sick to death of the mention of her name before the clothes are even on the rails.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004070003-2007200376,00.html
Back to top Go down

Lily vs Kate: who wins the war?
Page 1 of 1